Strange issue - Anyone Know about phone repair? (any help would be much appreciated)

bobby2682

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have LG Lucid 3 VS876 that got dropped in water. I opened it up dried out and cleaned everything with alcohol. Now everything works on the phone but when I clip the back housing of the phone back together, the screen goes black but still works. I noticed there are 3 sets of prongs and one single prong on the board that connect to 7 little copper pads on the inside of the back housing. When I am clipping the housing back on the the phone the screen doesn't go out until the prongs touch the little copper pads near the top of the inside of the back housing. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Also after the screen goes black the phone gets extremely hot under the front of the LCD screen near the top of the face of the phone and it drains the battery very quickly. Any help would be much appreciated.

If I leave the back housing of the phone off the phone works normally. When I say back housing I am not referring to the battery cover plate. I referring to the actual housing of the phone the covers the board.