Hard Reset on Lg G3 Stylus hasn't removed the Virus, what should I do?

A

AC Question

Hard Reset on Lg G3 Stylus hasn't removed the Virus

Hello guys,

I have an Lg G3 styllus, and was infected by the Redirect virus some time ago.
I reset the modem, changed the DSL port, reset my computer, and later I changed my router. This solution has fix the problem for a while, and now I've got the same virus again.

But now It' different. It's stronger. I did the same process again as before, and didn't worked. Done the process with the Lg flash tool on my computer, everything gone Right but when I started the cellphone the Virus was still there. There's anyone that can help me?

Thanks a lot!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hard Reset on Lg G3 Stylus hasn't removed the Virus

Welcome to Android Central! Is it actually called the Redirect virus, or is that just the behavior you're seeing? Where is it redirecting to? Actual viruses are still pretty rare on Android--in order to get infected, you have to willingly install the malicious app, so if you've only been installing apps from legitimate sources like Google Play Store, the chances of a true virus remain low.

Have you completely wiped your desktop Chrome browser's web history and cookies? Since desktop Chrome syncs with mobile Chrome, I wonder if the behavior is due to something that's syncing over in Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR