Can I get some help recovering photos with HDR problems?

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Need Help Recovering photos with HDR problems

I’m trying to recover some photographs taken on my Sprint LG G3.

I began getting unusable pictures after I accidentally changed the HDR setting on the Stock Camera to ‘Auto’ from ‘On’. At least that’s what I think happened. At any rate, after switching the HDR setting to ‘On’, I am getting good pictures again which can be emailed and displayed by other programs. While the HDR setting was on Auto, I could display some of the pictures in Gallery, and some I could not. None of them, however, were viewable by anything other than Gallery.

I am trying to find a way to recover the pictures that had the HDR or Header setting wrong.

The Gallery shows information under DETAILS.
There are several fields missing in the pictures taken with HDR set to Auto. Missing are Resolution, Model(LGLS990), Focal Length, Aperture, Exposure time, and ISO.
A sample good picture had this information in those fields:
Resolution: 4160 x 2340, Model: LGLS990, Focal Length: 3.97 mm, Aperture: 2.4, Exposure time: 1/24, ISO: 250. On the bad pictures, those fields are not listed at all.

Good and Bad pictures all show Type: image/jpeg, Orientation: 90 or 0 or whatever, Size: 2.91 MB or6.82 MB or whatever, Flash: OFF, White balance: Auto,
Path: /storage/extended_SD/DCIM/Camera/.

I was unable to upload one of the bad files to accompany this post. The site reported the format was incorrect. The G3 does display some of these pictures ok in Gallery, so I know the information is hidden somewhere needed to display them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs