CyanogenMod ROM

comptech520

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I was playing around with CyanogenMod ROM on my old Motorola phone.

- Does anyone have this working nicely on their G3 as I would like to put it on there (5.1 preferable).

- I noticed on my Motorola device the Internal Storage still shows the same storage structure for all of the apps when it was using the factory rom. Is it safe to delete this on my G3 when I install it on there?

Thanks!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just did a quick check.... lots of complaints about audio and bluetooth quality... call drops as well as issues with mobile/Wi-Fi data handoff.

To be honest with you, CM has been a buggy mess since 4.4. If you have a G3, I would suggest you go with some of the non-CM based builds... Like Validus or Dirty Unicorns.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Been using 12.1 on my D851 for over a week it's so nice! Fast fluid and up to date. Tired of waiting for LG to push out an update. Rooted my phone flashed cm in under 5 mins. Easy as pie.

Posted via the Android Central App

bossfan61

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed my AT&T G3 to CM 12.1 last night. So far, I like the speed and the customization options but I'm having these initial problems:

* Bluetooth isn't seeing my Plantronics Discovery 925 headset
* how to switch between front and rear camera
* how to change lock screen wallpaper
* how to change text message alert sounds in individual contacts (i.e. one sound for Bob, another sound for Bill, etc.)

If necessary, I'm open to upgrading to a new headset and downloading a camera app with more of the buttons I'm used to with stock LG firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Decided to switch back to AT&T stock firmware. Thanks!

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I use BlissPop on my vs985. I only use AOSP based Roms since they make the G3 lightning fast, buttery smooth, and a battery conserving champ. Get off stock and enjoy your phone.

I use HTC M9 camera, BTW. It is very good on the G3.

Faroe55

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been running euphoria on d855 and haven't looked back. My battery life has nearly doubled, the phone is lag less and there's no bloat ware. I can't recommend an aosp rom enough

bossfan61

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed my AT&T G3 to CM 12.1 last night. So far, I like the speed and the customization options but I'm having these initial problems:

* Bluetooth isn't seeing my Plantronics Discovery 925 headset
* how to switch between front and rear camera
* how to change lock screen wallpaper
* how to change text message alert sounds in individual contacts (i.e. one sound for Bob, another sound for Bill, etc.)

If necessary, I'm open to upgrading to a new headset and downloading a camera app with more of the buttons I'm used to with stock LG firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Decided to switch back to AT&T stock firmware. Thanks!

Just upgraded to the G4, not loving it. I'd like to consider going back to CM 12.1 on my G3, but am wondering if anyone has feedback on my issues above? Thanks!

Paul Guest1

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Have been running CM 12 for several months now, and love it. The first few weeks were a little buggy, but for me, CM has been wonderful.

bossfan61

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Have been running CM 12 for several months now, and love it. The first few weeks were a little buggy, but for me, CM has been wonderful.

Thanks, Paul. Is there an easy way to switch between front/rear cameras, and can you add different text tones to different contacts?