3G/H Signal/Data Issues

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been having some issues with my 3G (HSPA) signal at my work for the past month (for clarity, I dropped my phone in some mud the weekend before these issues started - phone works completely fine other than this issue so not sure if the incidents are connected) and I do have a bad habit of dropping the phone on the floor (carpet/wood flooring). My phone is the International LG G3 model, not rooted, completely stock.

The problem is that my phone shows I have 2 or 3 bars of H signal, and phone calls/texts/data work fine for a few minutes (2-3 minutes roughly) and then the data stops working (the bars of signal and the H symbol still appear as normal in the top right of the screen). The only way to get data working again is to switch flight mode on/off of to restart the phone. As my work seems to be the only place in the city that I don't get 4G, it's difficult to ascertain whether or not this is a network issue or a phone hardware/software issue. I contacted Vodafone (my network provider) and they have told me there are no problems on their end.

Can anybody shed some light on what might be causing these problems or possible fixes? I haven't done a factory reset yet as I haven't had time recently - if one is needed can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes?

Thanks

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply Fred - Yes work is the only place it happens, but only because I get 4G everywhere else (no issues at all on 4G).

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Tardus,

I didn't realise that was what the white dot is - however it is still white.

I really need to get an Ottorbox case, never dropped my old Galaxy S3, but this phone seems to slip out of my hand so easily.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tardus,

I didn't realise that was what the white dot is - however it is still white.

I really need to get an Ottorbox case, never dropped my old Galaxy S3, but this phone seems to slip out of my hand so easily.

Probably the drops - and not the mud did it. But that's ok - you gotta live your life and stuff happens! Hopefully you can get it repaired for a reasonable cost from a local repair shop. The G3 is a piece of cake to service compared to other phones.

You can try a new motherboard (see the youtube videos for replacement for DIY- not exactly trivial task) and if it doesn't work just sell the board on Ebay. Or sell the G3 as broken for parts. The G4 is REALLY NICE and the G3 prices are going down on Swappa.

Good luck!

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Cheers for the advice, I'll look into it. It's still under warranty so going to go into the shop tonight and see if they'll repair under the warranty (I'm not holding out much hope for that mind...), if not I'll look more into repairing it.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for the advice, I'll look into it. It's still under warranty so going to go into the shop tonight and see if they'll repair under the warranty (I'm not holding out much hope for that mind...), if not I'll look more into repairing it.

I didn't realize you're under warranty. That white dot is your friend! And ethically no reason to mention what you speculate may have caused the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo