Reset Stock Music Player?

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if there was a way to reset the base/stock music player on the LG G3 (Lollipop 5.0.1).

My situation is the base player was working fine for my needs. I had some music by the band "Kix". I added a song by a different band called "The Kix", and after uploading, all the "Kix" songs had been changed to "The Kix".

In trying to change the name of "Kix" back to the way it should be (no "The"), I have:
1) Copied all music from SD to Laptop.
2) Using Laptop, I went into the Properties of each song, updating and verifying all had the correct Title, Album Artist, Contributing Artist, and Genre. - including deleting the song from "The Kix" so there wouldn't be any confusion within the program.
3) Deleted the existing Music folder from the LG
4) After deleting the folder from the LG, I then copied the folder with updated information from my laptop back to the LG.

I expected that the new data would take, and that "Kix" would return, along with some other updates I had made. When I looked at the stock music player, I saw that most of the data changes (available through the Details option after a long press on the song) took, but for some reason "Kix" is still displaying as "The Kix".
I also noticed I couldn't use my old Playlist names, making me think that there are cookies/files (or the like) stored somewhere on the phone, and that data is still being accessed.

I then tried MediaMonkey, but that made things even worse when it imported the playlist and songs (duplicate songs, songs with wrong artist or album title, songs with lost data), and I'll be spending more time correcting their import errors than anything.

Is there a way with the stock player to either edit details (none that I've seen) or perhaps erase all data for music without having to do a Factory Reset?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you still have all the properly set up music files on your laptop, open the music player in Settings/General/Application manager.

Clear cache. Clear data.

You shouldn't have any songs showing.

Now copy them all back from the laptop and restart the phone.

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat - I'll have to give that a shot - and definitely still have the folder on the laptop.

Ryche

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried last night, but the clear cache/data didn't work.

I re-verified the data in the folder on the laptop, then removed the Music folder from my phone (it is actually on the SD Card, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference). After removing the folder, I restarted the phone. I then did settings/general/apps/Music and cleared the cache and data. I then restarted the phone again, and then uploaded the Folder from my Laptop to the SD card.

And... the same issues occurred. A few Band names are off, and the Playlist names already existed. - is there something on the SD card (aside from the folder) that needs to be removed as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18