Case Recommendations

TheRealMapes

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I've been hesitant to get a case on my phone because I like the way it feels without one. But I dropped it this morning and the back came off and battery came out. Put it back together and it's working fine, but I dropped my iphone and the screen cracked and that was the beginning of the end for it. Now I'm nervous about this one.

What I'm looking for is something that won't completely ruin the feel of the phone and is relatively cheap. Ideally I'd like something to cover the bottom where the LG logo is. They only had blue in the store and she said they didn't plan on getting another shipment at the moment. So I'm not super thrilled on the blue.

Would a skin be better, even to provide just a little protection to the phone? Or would that be useless as far as keeping it safe?

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the LG circle case. I got it for the access to apps in the circle. But, when I got it, I realized that it would only allow you to have the crappy LG bloatware in there. So for me it was a waste of money. It doesn't provide much, if any protection at all. But, I like my phone nekkid, and the actual cases that protect it, are big, bulky, and add a lot of weight. Weight being the worst part.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm all about the Tech21 cases. It's not going to cover the logo on the front, but it's going to be the lightest, thinnest, and best protection. I had the Tech21 for my G3. Loved it.

This one's for the Sammy G4, but it's the same protection on the G3.

Here's one that further up. It's a few years ago, but basically the same case:

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Slim Armor case for G3. It's light and has offered good protection for the back and sides of the G3. Very similar to (but not quite as bulky as) the Otterbox Symmetry case, even though the Otterbox is a one piece case while the Spigen is a two-part combination of a TPU liner and hard shell. You probably couldn't go wrong with either one.

Amazon.com: LG G3 Case, Spigen Slim Armor Case for LG G3 - Retail Packaging - Gunmetal (SGP10867): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: OtterBox Symmetry Series Case for LG G3 - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

D

Deleted member 2556607

Go to ebay and search for LG G3 cases. Then sort the results to start with the lowest prices first. They have a variety of great cheap cases in my opionin. Here is a pic of mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 11942.jpg
    11942.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 82

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the spigen slim armor and love it. Very slim but protective. Only thing I dislike is the case is slick, no grip on the back. But compared to the phone itself, it isn't any slicker.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Skin might be good for you because it will cover up the logo and the blue (I like my blue G3 :( is it the Blue Steel?) and can provide better grip so you don't drop it as easily. Prevention > protection.

I really like my Diztronic TPU matte case. It's got a real nice feel and grip imo - makes me feel like I have a big Nexus 5. There's even a version with more protection on the corners. I the Spigen Slim Armor cases are nice, but for me they'd be too slippery and the G3 barely fits in my one hand as it is (and my case has a nice ridge around the edge which makes it easier to grip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4473187

For more case advise I recommend checking out FlossyCarter's YouTube case reviews. The videos are funny and he knows cases.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FLOSSYCARTER/search?query="Lg+g3"

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Skin might be good for you because it will cover up the logo and the blue (I like my blue G3 :( is it the Blue Steel?) and can provide better grip so you don't drop it as easily. Prevention > protection.

I really like my Diztronic TPU matte case. It's got a real nice feel and grip imo - makes me feel like I have a big Nexus 5. There's even a version with more protection on the corners. I the Spigen Slim Armor cases are nice, but for me they'd be too slippery and the G3 barely fits in my one hand as it is (and my case has a nice ridge around the edge which makes it easier to grip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4475496

For more case advise I recommend checking out FlossyCarter's YouTube case reviews. The videos are funny and he knows cases.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FLOSSYCARTER/search?query="Lg+g3"

Another vote for the Diztronic case.

I've been using mine since I got my G3 and it is holding up pretty good. It's really thin so you still save the form factor of your phone, unlike slim armor from spigen was bulky. The diztronic case however will not protect your G3 from drops.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
For around $20 with tax this is a good option. I'm going to order mine and probably do a review on it (I haven't decided yet).

Posted via the Android Central App.
Boost Mobile Moto G (4.4.4)
Or The Sprint LG G3 (5.0.1)

Attachments

• 25937.jpg
    25937.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 25938.jpg
    25938.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 25939.jpg
    25939.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 40

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Verus leather circle case from Amazon for under 20 bucks. Good protection plus circle apps functality and pretty good protection

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Exactly.

And everything I can see is either rubbery and thin, or big and bulky. Hoping someone can give me some sort of insight.

Have you tried the LG Slim Guard Case? I had one for my G3 when I had the phone. It replaces the back cover, and the back is texturized. It also has a very thin rubber lining around the edges to protect it from drops. It adds no bulk in thickness, but a little thickness around the edges.

Posted via the Android Central App on my G Flex 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34