LG G3 Apps Notifications

• Thread starter Deleted member 2556607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2556607

I'm confused about setting up app notifications for my LG G3. See in the Sounds and Notifications tab in the Settings area there is a section called Notifications and under it it says "set notifications for apps." When you click on it it takes you to all your apps. When you click on an app it tells you to either choose to show no notifications or to show notifications(Priority). What is all that for when to set up notifications for the LG G3 you usually go to the General tab in the Settings area, go to the Phone Management section, click on Application Manager, click on an app and then click on show notifications?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 11938.jpg
    11938.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 11940.jpg
    11940.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 45

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not certain but I believe that the 2nd option is for when you have multiple notifications; for example, on the lock screen. Usually, IIRC, the lock screen only shows two(?) notifications, which are usually the first two apps that have a notification. The 3rd and subsequent notifications do not show until the first two have been dismissed. I think that setting an app as Priority will jump that app's notification to the top slot.

In the pulldown notification shade, it can display more than two but depending on the app, the first slots can be taken up by long notifications (such as emails where more than the usual few lines are displayed), or some users have the volume controls and brightness controls up top, leaving little room for other notifications. Priority apps would show higher in the notification shade than it normally would if it was a later notification than the non-priority apps that may be in front of it.

There is some confusion with the word 'Priority' as it is also used as a 4th profile mode in Lollipop (sound, vibrate, silent and now priority). I admittedly may be mistaken but that is how I understand those.

All that said, if Priority really does refer to Priority profile mode (the yellow star mode), it may mean that notifications that normally do not display while in that mode now will if you have that app set to do so. I do not use Priority mode, so I am not sure -- hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm/deny. The reasons I don't use Priority mode are mainly because I've gotten by without it just fine; and also if I want the sound on, I set it to Sounds -- and if i don't, I set it to Silent.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I was kinda disappointed about that as well. I expected to customize each apps notifications like you can do on BB10