lg g3 battery saver useless

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or is the battery saver in the notification bar useless (on lollipop). It doesn't seem to do anything.
It also seems it is a different battery saver from the one in the settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 23353.jpg
    23353.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 121

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Go into settings and into battery and from there you can set the battery saver to be effective immediately rather than the default setting i can't remember i think it was at 15% battery.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have it set to turn on at 15%. Dims my battery and turns off auto sync etc. Wasnt completely useless lol

crini

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or is the battery saver in the notification bar useless (on lollipop). It doesn't seem to do anything.
It also seems it is a different battery saver from the one in the settings.

The icon in the notification bar isn't really a battery saver. It seems like a shortcut which allows you to set quickly the percentage used by the phone to deactivate some features.

s2mikey

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Ive had much better luck with Battery Saver Guru. Try that app out.... after a few days of learning your routines it actually does a good job of battery managment, IMO.

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've set mine on 20% and I have to say I'm getting an additional hour of basic usage easily. It works fine for me. This basically dims the display as well as limits and disables some other functions in order to put less load on the CPU, hence less power consumption. :)

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
On my LG G3 AT&T D850*
When I was on Kit Kat the battery saver feature had more options: *not only set the battery percentage when saver would come on* BUT I could also- 1.choose what level the screen would dim down to,
2.choose EXACTLY which functions would turn off, (like data, WiFi, auto-sync, LED, and a couple more I can't remember)
The point is that the Battery Saver feature had a lot more User Capabilities and options on Kit kat and with Lollipop all u get to decide is when it will kick on!!
I was so unhappy with this after the update I don't even use battery saver anymore cuz the only thing I noticed it does is dim the screen which I can do myself when battery gets low.
*CONCLUSION*
Battery Saver on Kit Kat(4.4.2)
Awesome & Useful !
Battery Saver on Lollipop(5.0.1)
Pointless & Lost a lot of User options.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree with this. I really liked the LG battery saver on kit kat. Before if I knew I might be in a jam on a certain day I had my phone set to activate battery saver at 50% to give me a chance soften the decline of life.

Providing a feature without any guidance as to what it is doing or configurabiliy is a very iThing to do. Does anyone know what exactly it does?