Can't change camera off black and white

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The camera only allows black and white pictures? How do I change settings back to take regular color pictures?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the stock camera app? I'm not sure if LG has filters in the app, but you might have one of those on if they do. Check the settings or shooting modes when you're in the camera app and see if there is anything you accidentally turned on

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry... Yes I am using stock camera. For some reason it is showing B&W on screen and when I take pictures. I know I can download other apps like Google camera but I liked the simplicity of the stock one.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry... Yes I am using stock camera. For some reason it is showing B&W on screen and when I take pictures. I know I can download other apps like Google camera but I liked the simplicity of the stock one.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
That's fine. But do you know if the app has any filter modes? I can't think of any other reason for why it would show black-and-white images

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's fine. But do you know if the app has any filter modes? I can't think of any other reason for why it would show black-and-white images

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk
That is what I am trying to find out.. The stock doesn't seem to have any settings to change filters

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have looked at 2 other LG G3 phones with stock camera application to see if there is a filter setting and can't find any. Above please

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That is very odd. I don't see any filter on my stock camera app either. Something seems fishy here.... 🐟

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That is what I am trying to find out.. The stock doesn't seem to have any settings to change filters

Hmm. I suppose you could try clearing data for the camera app. Go to settings > applications > camera and tap on clear data. Can't think of anything else that could fix that. Let me know if it works

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. I suppose you could try clearing data for the camera app. Go to settings > applications > camera and tap on clear data. Can't think of anything else that could fix that. Let me know if it works
Thanks automatically do that with any app that might be faulty. Finally got a chance to try Google Camera and OT also only shows black and white. Back to AT&T we go for a warranty exchange I hope.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks automatically do that with any app that might be faulty. Finally got a chance to try Google Camera and OT also only shows black and white. Back to AT&T we go for a warranty exchange I hope.
If it's also in other apps, I'd assume it's a hardware issue. No reason it should be happening in both if neither of them have filters. Sorry I couldn't help you out, but I hope they get that sorted for you :)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
AT&T apparently took forever and fixed it as a screen setting..