Why can't I receive group messages from iphones on my LG G3?

Mxpxdrummer

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I recently switched from an iphone 4 to an LG G3 and have been unable to consistently receive group messages from iphone users. Sometimes messages will come through, but about 95% of the time I do not receive them; however, the people in my group do receive my messages. I am aware that this is a common issue among Android users, and I have read about it extensively online for weeks now, but I still have not come up with a solution. I have tried using multiple different messaging apps including the default messaging app, chomp sms, textra, hangouts, etc. I have also turned off imessages on my old phone, typed in the code for Apples "unsubscribe" from imessage thing, and texted STOP to the number to disable imessages. I am running the latest version of Android. I also replaced my old SIM but still no luck. MMS group message settings are all enabled on my phone too. I didn't see a post about this in regards to the LG G3 specifically so I decided to make one. I have heard suggestions of people saying to tell your iphone friends to adjust settings on their phones, but I wanted to find a solution without having to tell all of my friends to mess with their settings to accommodate me. I absolutely love everything about my new android phone after making the switch from Apple, but this one problem is seemingly large that I hope it doesn't force me to go back to an iphone. Your help in allowing me to fix my group messaging would be appreciated so I can stay in the android community! Thank you!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not a G3 specific thing, it's not an Android thing (Per se), it has nothing to do with the text app you're using on your phone. It has everything to do with how your friend's iPhones "see" your phone number. Your friend's phones still think your contact entry is associated with an iPhone and is trying to use the iMessage protocol for the group message. This is exacerbated if they're using the same message string as was started when you had an iPhone. Have one friend delete and re-add your contact on their iPhone and see what happens when they try to text you, it will probably work.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not a G3 specific thing, it's not an Android thing (Per se), it has nothing to do with the text app you're using on your phone. It has everything to do with how your friend's iPhones "see" your phone number. Your friend's phones still think your contact entry is associated with an iPhone and is trying to use the iMessage protocol for the group message. This is exacerbated if they're using the same message string as was started when you had an iPhone. Have one friend delete and re-add your contact on their iPhone and see what happens when they try to text you, it will probably work.

Yup. That's it. ^^^^^ Your friend's phone still thinks you have an iPhone and won't change to a generic text. I've had this problem before because I switch back and forth between my iPhone and Android Phone. When I bought a new iPhone this year and switch over to it, I received 4 texts that were sent last year when I was completely Android from people with iPhones.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting article on this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5412554?tstart=0

It looks like this might be the answer:

Ok after many frustrating hours of trying to fix this messaging issue and trying everything that has been recomended I think I found a solution. Go to Appleid.apple.com sign in and go to PHONE NUMBERS and DELETE the phone number that has been updated to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 "If you have more then one IPhone on that account" also at the same time Change your password. After I did this I recieved about 10 messages that were stuck in "Limbo" As of right now all my messages are going out and coming in just as they should. I hope this helps ! Good Luck

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've posted this in other threads here, but have this issue, but its not specific to iPhones. I have an ongoing group text with 4 other people, 2 on iPhone, 2 on Android and actually have more problems with my 2 Android contacts. I'd says at least 30% of their messages come in partially with a message saying "Couldn't Download". I click it to download again and rarely can ever get them to actually come in. So frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae