Why is my LG G3 (from T-Mobile) not upgrading to Lollipop?

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I waited a long time for my upgrade to Lollipop on the LG G3. It finally upgraded but the phone I had through T-Mobile had been on the fritz for sometime before the upgrade. Finally disaster struck and it seemed to just putter out. Sad, but I keep my data backed up so I'm not completely put off. I went through my insurance and got a new phone ("like new" ugh).

Anyway, I booted up the phone but due to the fact I've gone through so many defective devices from them within a short period of time I'm doing some testing before I take the time and effort to restore apps and documents on the phone.

I'm already having a problem. It won't upgrade to Lollipop. I've updated all the currently installed apps, went through the software update centre and updated THOSE apps and am looking at an up-to-date phone. OTA says I'm up to date, the LG Mobile Support Tool says I'm up to date. I can't be on 4.4.2.

My previous LG G3 was updated to Lollipop and here I am stuck on Kit Kat. Why are these two services (the only two I am aware of that I can get this update) saying I'm fully up to date when I'm in fact not?

Any help is greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There are those who would envy both of you your KitKat status. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I would trade you phones in a heart beat to get back to Kit Kat.

Lollipop completely blows

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
If it's a "silk white" g3 you're up the creek. the mobile support tool is racist and refuses to acknowledge the white variant.

of course, i would kill to go back to kit kat but downgrading from 20b screws with the connectivity and the phone won't recognise a sim card so count your blessings.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Had 0 issues going from 20b to the last kit kat firmware. Used the lg recovery tool. Used the dll file associated with the firmware and placed the tot file in manual mode. Put the phone in download mode and done back to kit kat

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I get it guys, some people don't like Lollipop. I haven't had any issues with it and compared to Kit Kat right now (on this phone, imo) it seems slower. I was just wondering why it wasn't even letting me have the option to update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy