Phone wont boot up - stuck on LG start screen

Darrin Smith2

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello:

I have to send my current phone in for repairs and was going to use my old LG F3 as a replacement until I get my current phone back from the shop.

When I tried to boot up the LG, it sticks on the LG start up screen. I tried to reset it by holding down the volume and on/off button, but all I get is a "fastboot" screen that does nothing.

I tried looking up information on this, but it's all technical talk and I don't understand any of it.

Any way to get this phone working again? I don't care if its wiped clean and have to start over.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The correct key combination for entering recovery is to hold the volume down and power buttons then when you see the LG screen let go of them quickly then hold them until you see the recovery screen.

Your phone must be powered down in order to do this.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually what you said was:

When I tried to boot up the LG, it sticks on the LG start up screen. I tried to reset it by holding down the volume and on/off button, but all I get is a "fastboot" screen that does nothing.

Which indicates you're holding the VOLUME UP button while connecting a USB cable to your device.

A device has to be put into FASTBOOT mode when flashing. If you want to perform a factory reset you need to start RECOVERY, which is the key combination I've specified.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800