So Pissed LG G3 spend 600+ for new smartphone 6 months later it's outdated!

Scot Stoddard

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Put the antenna on the phone D850 then find out it doesn't work with QI Charger? why don't they tell you this crap when you buy the phone? Still I need to get a pma wirless charger. where can a get one for a good price that works well? any suggestions?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Put the antenna on the phone D850 then find out it doesn't work with QI Charger? why don't they tell you this crap when you buy the phone? Still I need to get a pma wirless charger. where can a get one for a good price that works well? any suggestions?

Amazon dot com.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The only person you can be mad at is yourself. It's common knowledge that the D850 isn't compatible with Qi. And Why'd you pay more for the G3 than the G4 costs right now?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Scot, do not waste your time and money with PMA charging for that AT&T LG G3. When AT&T upgraded the G3 to Lollipop in Feb 2015, they killed wireless charging, and didn't fix it until May. If you have software version D85020f (the one from Feb), PMA will not work. You need D85021l. Who knows how long it will be before AT&T mucks up wireless charging with the next software upgrade.
The PMA chargers are finicky. You have to place the phone in the precise spot to get it to charge. Bump the phone and it will disconnect. It won't top off, so overnight the phone will be charged in a couple of hours, then sit idle for another six hours. So the charge may be 95% instead of 100%.
An inexpensive stand where you place the phone on top of the contact may be a better choice.
I wasted over $100 on the Quick Circle wireless charging case and two PMA chargers, forced to go back to the plug when AT&T screwed up wireless charging, saw the difference, and would never go back to wireless charging again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc