Sold an S6 bought a G3....

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I read a lot of complaints about the Verizon LG G3 here, but I have to tell you, I just sold the "Super Phone" known as the S6 and switched to a nice new Red Verizon branded Lg G3, and couldn't be happier.

The ONLY thing I miss about the S6 is its beautiful screen. The super specs were useless when it spent more time on the charger than in my pocket.

The G3 has better battery life than the S6, a camera that is better than 90% of the phones out today, and is the last of a dying breed being a flagship with expandable storage and removable battery.

I literally just put 275 dollars in my pocket, got a phone I like better than my previous one, and just felt like posting a positive message about what is still a top of the line cell phone.

So feel free to go back to the G3 bashing, and I will go find myself a decent backup phone the the money I saved. After all, I have plenty extra time not waiting for a phone to charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

2ndAmendNut

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I just sold my iPhone 6 Plus and got this Verizon G3 and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad you found a phone under budget that is much better for you. It's great, I've had mine for a year now and still love it.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I also have owned the G3 for a year, and can't justify the upgrade to the G4. The G3 is still a flagship phone I the market today.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just want to know about the feedback. How is going your LG3 so far?

My battery is still in very good condition, although I tend to have good battery practices of never letting it get too low and charging frequently.

I have a white G3, and the color holds up pretty well, too. Just before I got my replacement (more on that later) the body was still very pure white and only some very faint discoloration on the volume buttons. The only cracks were the hairline ones at the microphone port and IR blaster at the top, but that was a known manufacturer defect in the early batches of phones.

It has been consistently the same heat as when I first got it. Not too hot, but hot enough to let you know it was churning away. Hasn't gotten any worse since day one, and I've never seen a message about screen brightness being turned down automatically.

The only real hardware issue I had was the digitizer failing (possibly the cable) partially on me about 30 days before my 1 year manufacturer warranty was expiring. A 1 cm band across the middle of the screen horizontally was not registering any touches at all. I had to get a replacement. Apparently this is a common issue with smartphones after some time.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I wasn't trying to bash Samsung or the G4 for that matter. I was just so shocked that I found a phone of this caliber, for less than 230.00 off contract no less, that I just had to tell someone.

If the the thought of buying a refurbished phone doesn't scare you off, the G3 might be the best "budget phone" on the market right now. (though the Note 3 might have something to say about that)

Anyway, I am happy with my choice and have shared with the world.

Mission complete.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
the G3 might be the best "budget phone" on the market right now.

Well, if not THE best, it is in the conversation. My wife has one now and while I could switch it over to the G4 at a moment's notice, I really don't have much of a reason to do so. Yes, the G4 has improvements, but the G3 has no issues for the most part. She's been quite happy with the phone so far and its one of those 'if it ain't broke' situations.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Take it from someone who had both the G3 and G4. There's not enough difference between the two to justify paying double the price, except if you want Lollipop. Many users of the G3 are still having problems with Android 5.0.

I never updated my G3 to Lollipop because it ran great on KitKat.

I'm very happy you moved away from Sammy. :D

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you found the perfect phone that matches your needs.

The G3 is wonderful, having owned one. You will love using it as your daily.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy you moved away from Sammy. :D

To be honest the S6 was the first Samsung product I have used since way back when I owned the Note 2. In between I've used the Droid DNA, Original MotoX, Droid Ultra Maxx, and Nexus 6 (which was a half inch away from perfection if you asked me)

I have been way more of a Motorola fan boy than a Sammy mark. But this G3 has won me over. Good Job LG

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Terrible to relate - because it's so tempting - the Nexus 6 that you mention is also available for much reduced prices right now, from the Google store. Here in the UK I could have the 32GB version for £304....not long ago, that would have been £499.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
^^^Terrible to relate - because it's so tempting - the Nexus 6 that you mention is also available for much reduced prices right now, from the Google store. Here in the UK I could have the 32GB version for £304....not long ago, that would have been £499.

I really loved everything about that phone except it's size. The size made it such a niche device it's no wonder it's marked down. Well that, and the fact they have TWO 2015 Nexus devices to make room for.

Issac_Jong

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
So you sold the best phone in the world and get the 3rd best phone in the world, still good...haha...the second best is the G4, I believe.

Von Spradlin

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So you sold the best phone in the world and get the 3rd best phone in the world, still good...haha...the second best is the G4, I believe.

Well to be honest, battery life makes the S6 somewhere in the neighborhood of the 5th best phone. What's the point of having the best specs and super processor if it is always on the charger? LoL

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Selling my S6 as my work got me a G3 I was skeptical it couldn't compete with my S6 but it's really amazing. The screen is better on the S6 but otherwise I honestly do see many major differences. Even after a year it is still solid, I would recommend it to people.

Update: never mind the camera can't compare to S6, finger print scanner is a heaven sent and the screen just kills G3's. While G3 is a nice phone I just much prefer the S6.

Last edited:

hanielserrato

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Update: never mind the camera can't compare to S6

What is the opinion of others about this. I am really looking at getting the G3 but need to make sure the camera is everything they say it is. I know a year old phone will not be on par as a current flag ship, but whats your opinion? I'm really interested in low light shots and vids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs