Lg g3 slow charging

Ethan_baker22

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I dont know how to attach images.
According to the app battery monitor widget. My phone is drawing 140mah (6% an hour) this is horrible. It takes all day to charge and drains in 2 or 3 hours. I use 1.8 and 2.0 amp chargers amd its the same. How to do i increase the amps drawn?
Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I dont know how to attach images.
How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

According to the app battery monitor widget. My phone is drawing 140mah (6% an hour) this is horrible. It takes all day to charge and drains in 2 or 3 hours. I use 1.8 and 2.0 amp chargers amd its the same.
Post a screenshot of the battery page, tap the graph at the top to get to the second page and post a screenshot of that page.

How to do i increase the amps drawn?
The phone draws the current it's designed todraw. You'd have to redesign the charging circuit in the phone to change that.

See how long it takes to go from 40% to 100% when the phone is turned off. That will give us a clue.

Ethan_baker22

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for responding. The battery is settings is rubbish. It never saves any data.
That was two hours ago and i havent used it since. It now finally hit 100%

Attachments

• 1436181431217.jpg
    1436181431217.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 28

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I also have Battery Monitor Widget Pro, it was one of the few apps that tried to calculate the mA current. However, I now use Amphere. Using Amphere, check each charger AND cable combination. Many USB cables look the same, but a 2.1A charger and a crappy cable = crappy charging rate. I had one cable I could have sworn was the one that came with my G3, but when paired with the stock charger, gave a mA rate below 1000 mA. I swapped the cable and bam, 1900 mA.

You will be absolutely amazed at what a difference the cable makes, regardless of the guage of the wire, appearance and connectors/contacts. Good luck.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&token=KWj9IKnl

Ethan_baker22

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Great app but no better results. No wonder the battery is such bad bettery life. No other apps were open and battery saver was on.
Why is the amp being drawn suddenly so low.

Attachments

• 1436363538990.jpg
    1436363538990.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 19

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that -1210 while idle (not plugged in) is something. It suggests that (in the case of the LG stock cable) that it is charging at 1500 mA (to go from -1210 to + 320).

In your original post, you mention that the battery drains in 2 - 3 hours; so I think we should focus on the -1210. What does the stock battery applet say is the culprit for top usage? (Settings, Battery, Battery Usage, then scroll down). Sometimes native apps like email, contacts, etc. get stuck trying to sync over and over (corrupted data or connectivity issues) and eat battery that way.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see you've found the culprit; but to be sure, you might temporarily disable McAfee (you can do that in Settings, Apps, swipe over to the ALL tab, scroll down to McAfee Security and click Force Stop and Disable. (Because it's a system app, as you know, it can't be uninstalled -- however, this is just a test. Don't clear cache, etc. if you intend to re-enable after the test). Then exit out and reboot and see if your battery life and charging rate improves.

If McAfee Security does turn out to be the culprit (that is, battery life and charging rate improve while McAfee is disabled), I would go back to that app in Apps/ALL and clear the cache, clear data, and re-enable it, back out and reboot. If it does not turn out to be the culprit (no improvement in battery life and charging rate), you can just re-enable the app without clearing cache and data.

Let us know how you make out.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Woops -- my bad and my apologies. I could have sworn I had McAfee disabled but I just (re)looked and it is not in my Disabled tab, it's in my ALL tab and of course, the disable button is greyed out. Sorry about that. I had removed the app icon from my desktop the day I got my G3 (so i have never started the app or entered any info/settings/activated, etc.) and that is probably why I was hazy on it and thought I disabled it that day along with any disable-able apps I knew I'd never use.

If I go to Settings, Security, Phone Administrators, I have McAfee Security UN-checked. Possibly having it unchecked prevents it from working -- I've never seen it show up anywhere (notifications, battery stats, cache, etc.). Note that unchecking it still does not allow you to disable or uninstall it (like with some other apps), but might do something to help you if it's not checked (if it's currently checked, that is) by preventing it from working. Maybe.

Is Real Time Scanning enabled in McAfee? That might be the issue (I have been trying to read up on it hehe).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke