LG G3 SIM/microSD card reader going bad

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Ran into problem about 3 weeks ago with phone suddenly not recognizing SIM card. Got a replacement SIM Card from Verizon, which worked about 3 days, then same error occurred. Got yet another SIM card and problem seemed to resolve itself. However, over weekend SIM error happened again, but went away after reinserting. This morning now getting message that microSD card not mounted, although was recognizing initially at boot. This is happening sporadically. Anyone else run into this issue? Have contacted LG as still under warranty until the 24th of this month.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a more serious problem with the motherboard. I'd start the warranty process while you still can.

wjs007

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I having those issues now, using my wife's old HTC One m7 as a backup. Unfortunately, I did not have a warranty on my phone, they suggested that I call LG about it.

Posted via the Android Central App

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just sent the phone in yesterday to LG. Thought I had fixed (for about 2 hours) after a suggestion to clear cache, but then started getting error again with the SDcard unmounting unexpectedly. Will update after get phone back from LG. Was under 1 year warranty still.