Can I get some help with the battery life?

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Help with the battery life!

Hello everyone! I'm quite new with the LG G3, I just bought it last saturday. I've read a lot of the amazing battery life on this phone... but it's not showing up in mine! I mean... if it's in stand by mode... it's ok! It lasts forever! But whenever I use it, it goes down pretty fast. I just get 2 hours of screen! And my brightness is in 50% automatic. It lasts 10 hours with only 2 hours of screen. Is that normal? And i'm having this weird bug too. Whenever the phone reaches 5% battery it shuts down automatically saying it went to 0%. Then I plug in the charger and when it goes a little bit more than 0%, like 5 or 8% I turn it on and the battery percentage SAYS ITS 50% CHARGED already! What is that?! I would really appreaciate your help and maybe you guys can tell me if it's a battery issue and if I should buy another one. Thanks!

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help with the battery life!

I keep my screen brighten lots but play a lot of games and regularly get over 4 hours of screen time. It look me a while to figure out different settings and what to stay signed out of and stuff. When I first got the phone I to was a little worried but it does well now.

Posted via the Android Central App

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

While there are many guides online for increasing your battery life and I can't say which is the best one. I swear by Greenify and other basic techniques to keep apps for waking up my device or running in the background etc.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&token=9KLXDILr

The charging percentage jumping around like doesn't sound good. I guess I might try resetting your battery stats with something like this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....nema.batterycalibration&hl=en&token=OPgWxhUJ

If that doesn't help maybe a factory reset or since it's so new if you can exchange it maybe go ahead and do that in case you have a defective unit or battery. In general 2 hours screen on time isn't too crazy bad, but it ain't great. You may also want to get a wakelock detector app to see if an app or service is keeping your phone running while it's in your pocket.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&token=Y8L37DSO

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks everyone for your answers! I dont have my phone rooted so I can't use that app to calibrate the battery. But it's okay. I'll see how my battery behaves the next days. I read that i gets better through days. Thanks! :)

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

2-3 hours SOT is normal imo. I have had two g3's. Kept everything stock with default push etc and 40% auto brightness and that's what I get. I did get a swap out from lg and replacement was marginally better and wasn't as hot.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

You should not get under 3 hours or something is wrong, or you have brightness up to 75%+.

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

I just want to clarify that it was indeed a bad battery. I changed it for a new one and it works perfectly! I'm so happy! Thanks everyone! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy