How to UNROOT a G3 (Verizon)???????

chmodx

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Lollipop 5.0, I'm interested to get this version updated. Of cource the OTA failed because of root.

Is there an easy unroot tutorial anyone has?

Thanks in advance.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not into rooting, but wasn't there something about it at the same place you got the root instructions?

I'll ask other members that have rooting experience.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are able to go into SuperSU and do a "Full Unroot" option in settings. Try that, but it depends on how much modification you've done while rooted.. If not, follow the guide below, which will flash your phone back to the stock image from the factory:

[Guide] LG G3 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Sto… | LG G3 | XDA Forums

I tried that on my rooted stock G3 with LP. I defrosted all the frozen apps with TiBU, and then did the FULL UNROOT in SU, but it didn't completely wipe all traces of the root. My OS status still said MODIFIED. I had to reflash KK to completely clear it.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried that on my rooted stock G3 with LP. I defrosted all the frozen apps with TiBU, and then did the FULL UNROOT in SU, but it didn't completely wipe all traces of the root. My OS status still said MODIFIED. I had to reflash KK to completely clear it.

Yeah, I always recommend the flash to stock method.

But to be honest, why would you take an OTA when your a rooted user anyways? Just flash it yourself or a custom ROM.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I didn't kill the root for the OTA. I thought my daughter was interested in using the phone, but I'm not able to support the rooted phone long distance. Turns out the screen is too big for her hands. For now, I'll leave it with stock LP and see how it goes.