Tough decision

hanielserrato

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the Lg g2, which took a dive in the river last week end. I'm on the process of buying a new phone but since I have unlimited data I have to get the phones at full retail. I'll be getting the phone on CL or Ebay, and looks like it is a 200 dollar difference betwen the G3 and G4. Would you guys still recomend the G3? I have read there is lag, is it true? Main reason why I'm looking for a lg is because of the camera. Is the camera really that good?

bcandiolo

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Lag can be fixed in the G3, size and shape are better than G4, camera is great and easy to use. If you want a better processor and slightly better screen go with the G4. Both can't beat G2 battery performance. If you're a professional photographer go for the G4, you'll be able to use manual mode.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the g3 my wife has the g4. Honestly in usability I'd never know the difference which I was using. I prefer the g3 form factor even though they are almost identical. Something about the sharper corners and slightly lighter body I don't like of the g4. I think the biggest decision is if you want the newest phone that will get the next update or two for sure. I would get the g3 again. It has been fantastic for me but some people have had issues with them. Not sure if any more than any other phone that's ever come out though.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the g3 my wife has the g4. Honestly in usability I'd never know the difference which I was using. I prefer the g3 form factor even though they are almost identical. Something about the sharper corners and slightly lighter body I don't like of the g4. I think the biggest decision is if you want the newest phone that will get the next update or two for sure. I would get the g3 again. It has been fantastic for me but some people have had issues with them. Not sure if any more than any other phone that's ever come out though.

The G3 is not going to miss the next Android update "M". And I can agree with you about the form factor. I was playing with a G4 in the store and I wanted slightly more weight and the more rounded corners.

I wonder if you can install a G4 screen in a G3? :?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually didn't notice much difference in the screens holding them side by side. It had 'slightly' better contrast but I'd hardly call it a giant leap in technology. I've adjusted the color settings some on mine though in accessibility. Didn't check to see if the g4 has that or not.

hanielserrato

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen poeople complain about the lag on 5.0. In your experience, has this been an issue or is it certain apps? I'm really thinking about upgrading to the g3 even if my g2 ends up working.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
No lag on mine. Everything runs smooth. I also use nova launcher though so if it's home screen lag I wouldn't even know how the stock launcher runs. But, there have been reports on the forums of lag after updating to lollipop.

hanielserrato

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I decided to go with the G3 and I am loving the phone. I only have two complaints, one is the batter life, and this may be something that is easily fixed. I have tried to configure how often an app syncs but have not found where to do this. The other is that it is a little laggy, specially when bringing up the keyboard. Any suggestions to fix these two would help. Actually one more thing, the auto brightness sets the screen to dark for my liking.

Thank you all for your recommendations on the phone.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Try LUX for the brightness setting, but the only problem is that you have to pay the $3.99 to get the auto brightness. I paid for it and I think it does a better job than stock.

Battery life is two things.
A. You have GPS turned on. Try turning it off, or in battery saver mode.
B. It's a fresh system reset. You have to give it ab out 2 weeks to "burn in". After 2 weeks, if the battery life isn't better, then you might need a new battery.