LG G3 Constantly rebooting - Even after hard reset

Chris Beattie

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Morning,

I have been having this problem for over a month now I would say, and I cant seem to find a solution. It's getting to the point I am considering selling up and moving to a new handset, but I'm sure there must be a solution! :'(

Basically my G3 reboots itself every so oftern. At first I linked it to google maps as 9/10 times the phone would crash when I tried to use it.

Last night I did a hard reset (hold power button and - volume) and started from scratch installing one app at a time.

It was running fine until I installed spotify then it started again! It got so bad that the phone would restart as soon as I tried to unlock the screen. I uninstalled spotify, but am still having the issue, so it cant be spotify? Unless it has left a corrupt file behind?

I'm quite tech savvy but I am lost with this issue, if anyone has a solution you would be a life saver!

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Beattie

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi Belodion,

No I haven't tried safe mode yet, I know how to get into it but am not sure what I would do once there? Are you meaning to use safe mode to try find the issue causing the reboots?

Thanks,

Chris

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I just thought that since it's so easy to do, it would be worth trying. If the rebooting stops when in Safe Mode, you're getting somewhere at least. It normally indicates trouble caused by a third-party app, but I'm not sure whether it can also indicate trouble originating elsewhere....in fact, I don't know whether it can.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Beattie

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok I will give that a try thanks. I have just cleaned the battery contacts and am using a different battery as I have heard it can sometimes be a battery issue, so I will see if this works. If not I will go back to safe mode and see if I can find the issue.

Thanks for the help,

Chris

KyleKap

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
The only times my phone has restarted was when I was using Spotify and twitter at the same time. There must be a problem with Spotify.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze