Data Signal Disconnection

johnlopez3845

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am having issues with my phone. Although I'm not sure if it is the phone or the provider. Whenever I lose data signal, it won't come back automatically so I will need to restart my phone or try to make some calls to trigger the connection back to 4G/3G. Sometimes when I'm using WIFI and disconnect from it, the 4G/3G won't restore as well. My wife is using the same provider but she's using a Samsung phone so I'm not sure where the problem is.

Any idea?

Thanks,
John

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My sister and I are having the same issue. When I leave WiFi at home and try to use the phone wherever I go I just have a circle spinning above the signal bars. Only way I can seen to get it to connect is to reboot the phone. I have called T-Mobile a couple times and they don't seem to understand that it is not just a weak signal. As soon as I restart the phone I have full LTE bars. It's pretty frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App

johnlopez3845

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback so I'm not alone. Mine has GSM signal at least. I can receive or send SMS and can even call but just no data signal. This is pretty frustrating as sometimes when I'm driving, I wouldn't notice that my data connectivity is dead and I'm not receiving data messages. So is this a phone issue not trying to recover or attempt data connection?

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
OP, which carrier are you on? I'm using a D850 on AT&T and I don't encounter those issues at all. Try calling your technical support with your carrier to attempt to fix it.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a bad modem (baseband) or possibly a malfunctioning radio but more than likely it is a software issue with the modem.

A factory reset is recommended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463