LG G3 keeps rebooting over and over and problem carries from one phone to next after exchange. What is the issue?

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
LG G3 keeps rebooting over and over and problem carries from one phone to next after exchange.

I bought my LG G3 from T-Mobile. Since my purchase I traded in the phone at least 4+ times in the last 7 months because it keeps randomly rebooting until it loops. Ex. turns on then off, then on again and off again over and over. In the last 30 days I exchanged the phone twice. Every phone I exchange has the same problem. Like the reboots just transfers from one phone to the next one like a virus. I did a factory reset numerous times to the point where I do not install any apps or upload any google accounts. It still does it. What is this virus that follows me from one phone to the next. Tmobile will only exchange for same make and model under warranty. Please help me fix this phone glitch. It is very frustrating and am out of a phone because of this.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps rebooting over and over and problem carries from one phone to next after exchange.

Do you notice the rebooting after downloading or using a particular app or service? I think that's what is causing the problem... Try a reset and see if the problem continues after using a particular app. Let us know if you have any other questions.

pinball_wiz

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Same for me.

I did a factory rest, installed no apps and the only way I can stop it from rebooting over and over again is to plug it in. Then sometimes I can get it to boot. Then I can unplug it (battery shows 90+% full) and use it for a few minutes before it reboots again.

Thoughts?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that your SD card could be the issue. I had a similar issue with two different devices (but the same card). The phone would boot and run until it accessed the memory card, then it would lock up. Sometimes it would restart on its own, and sometimes I had to pull the battery. Regardless, so long as the memory card remained installed, the phone remained in a boot loop. I removed the memory card and the phone worked. It happened about six months later in a new phone because I'd forgotten to destroy or at least label the bad card. Replacing the SD card was the fix.

Teddy Pramana Putra

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Same for me.

I did a factory rest, installed no apps and the only way I can stop it from rebooting over and over again is to plug it in. Then sometimes I can get it to boot. Then I can unplug it (battery shows 90+% full) and use it for a few minutes before it reboots again.

Thoughts?

Exactly what happened to me. Did you find the solution?

Shoulders

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps rebooting over and over and problem carries from one phone to next after exchange.

Hi guys, I had the same problem. Started happening every so often, then one evening just kept rebooting in a loop. Only thing that stopped it was plugging it in via USB.

I read one thread where someone suggested a new battery would solve it. It made sense as the only way to stop the reboot was if it was being powered by USB. Ordered a new one and problem solved. In my case it was a simple as swapping out the battery.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jim Mardis

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I've purchased brand new OEM LG batteries. They both did the same thing.
Reboots forever. I thought the vendor might have a bad batch so I ordered a
third from another vendor. Same issue. Three strikes and its out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon