Call screen with more infos

Giacomo Sarrocco

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody! I have a LG G3 that I have to use for work. Since I need to fill my contacts with work infos, company names, etc, I would like to have the company name on the screen while receiving a call. By default I see only the full name, so how can I? Do I need an app?
Thank you in advance

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I think that Grobi93 meant that instead of entering your contact as "John Smith", enter "ABC Company" instead. Or you could also enter as "John Smith (ABC Company)".

Not as ideal as having both the name and company displayed, I agree - but it's a work-around and should do the job.

Giacomo Sarrocco

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I think that Grobi93 meant that instead of entering your contact as "John Smith", enter "ABC Company" instead. Or you could also enter as "John Smith (ABC Company)".

Not as ideal as having both the name and company displayed, I agree - but it's a work-around and should do the job.
Thank you very much! Do you know if Android stock or with CM have this feature?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, what I was suggesting was editing the name field for your contacts. While that may sound tedious, depending on the number of contacts you have, you can also edit them from your desktop browser using cut and paste (assuming of course, that your contacts are connected to google) to paste in the " (ABC Company)" behind the contact name (note the leading space before the first bracket).

Giacomo Sarrocco

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, what I was suggesting was editing the name field for your contacts. While that may sound tedious, depending on the number of contacts you have, you can also edit them from your desktop browser using cut and paste (assuming of course, that your contacts are connected to google) to paste in the " (ABC Company)" behind the contact name (note the leading space before the first bracket).
Yeah Yeah, I mean, do you know if with CM you can see also the company namen field in the call screen, without using only the full name?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps this app I spotted in the Play Store might fit the bill, called "Call Informer":

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nhouse.callinformer.demo&hl=en&token=CByP_FA7

While it hasn't been updated since Dec 2013, it does refer to Lollipop in the description. From what I can tell, it reads fields that you specify (e.g. Company Name) from your contacts -- sounds promising -- may try it myself!

Edit: I gave this app a go and I like it. It overlays over your actual stock call screen (I had wondered about that) and while I wouldn't have minded a few more options (overlay positioning, fonts and colours, translucency settings, etc.), it's functional as is.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX