Separate notification sounds for each person?

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I am trying to figure out how to get my gf's G3 setup to allow separate notification sounds for different people. Is there a secret menu or a separate app needed?

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Select one your girlfriend contacts. Select the pencil at the top to 'edit'. One of the fields in the contact says 'Ringtone', with a drop down menu to select a different ringtone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5464.jpg
    5464.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 90

anon(409656)

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue on HTC one. this seems to me to be an Android system issue, and you have to have a 3rd party app to make notifications for each person. One can set a different ring tone per contact, but not another (essentially 3rd) notification sound such as text or sms sound. I have used Ringo Lite to make the phone have this functionality.

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I am having some difficulty with this app. Now I get two separate notification sounds after install. One set under the sound settings and one set by the app. Tried setting the one under sound settings to a silent audio notification but it still plays. I am thinking it is coming from Zedge.

How can I set it up to only use this app for all notifications default and dedicated?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So I am having some difficulty with this app. Now I get two separate notification sounds after install. One set under the sound settings and one set by the app. Tried setting the one under sound settings to a silent audio notification but it still plays. I am thinking it is coming from Zedge.

How can I set it up to only use this app for all notifications default and dedicated?

I have encountered this problem with other devices... Make sure your stock texting app is turned off/is not set as your default messaging app. Also, try to turn off stock messaging notifications instead of leaving them on Silent.

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to set your messages notification for each of your contacts in the default contacts app (using the pencil/edit icon.).It's right below the runtime setting for the contact. Lg g3, at&t, stock contacts and messaging.

Posted via the Android Central App