Clear contact's default # when calling

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So I selected "always" for a phone number when calling a contact for whom I have multiple numbers. Now, I'm no longer given a choice of which # to use when calling her; it just uses the default. How do I clear this? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess nobody's had this problem 😊

I ended up adding another number to the contact, made it the default number, then deleted it. Solved the problem, although it would be lame if there isn't another way.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
From within the Contacts app, go to your desired contact. If the contact does not have a default number yet, long press on the phone number, a menu will pop up and you can select 'set as default number'. A check mark should show next to that number.

In your case, go to the desired contact, long press the number that has the check mark (meaning it's the default), and the menu should pop up, where you can select 'clear default number'.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thx for the reply. I did try that previously, but the option to clear isn't there for me. Just set speed dial, forward and copy.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Would deleting the contact's default number and then adding the same number back in also work? (Possibly saving after deleting and then going back into the contact to add the number back in). Similar to what you did to solve the issue but makes a bit more sense (not much more but a bit, hehe) deleting the default first and adding it back in.

Possibly ATT excluded that feature to promote their bundled AT&T Address Book? (Just surmising as I have not seen that app or know what it does; nor am I certain it even comes with the G3 -- I know it does come with the G2 though).

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That would probably work, too. I was too lazy to write down or try to remember the number before deleting it.