Can I get some help with a problem downloading the Lollipop update?

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Problem downloading Lollipop update.

Hello, people. I recently bought a new LG G3 (D855) and immediately went to "Check for Updates". There was an update, but the phone said that it needed a PC to download it. I went to my PC, downloaded LG PC Suite and started the download. (Note: my Wi-Fi is 4 times faster than my PC's internet, so I was really mad to be forced to use the computer). I selected the "Run without backup" since the phone is new, so there wasn't really anything important to backup. I don't know exactly at what percentage it happened, but next time I noticed, it said there was a problem with the update and to disconnect the device, remove battery and restart. I did it and hit Retry. It went to download all over again. Ugh! Then, the problem appeared again. I disconnected it, and retried. Again, same problem. Next time, at about 50% (almost 5 hours of download), it occurred again. I was mad! Tried searching on Google and say someone with the same problem, however no one replied to his thread, as he himself gave his answer: there wasn't enough memory on his C: disk. I went to check mine and say that I have 25 GB (a little bit too low, but still enough for me). Tried deleting some files, restarting the PC and phone, tried again, and same problem! I still couldn't believe it. Then, I asked for my laptop (to see if it was a problem related with my PC, and to use the Wi-Fi to download it), and still got the same problem.

I'm starting to think it might be a problem with the phone and not my computers. Has anyone else had this same problem? Any workout for this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem downloading Lollipop update.

Bring the phone to your carrier and ask them to install it for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze