LG G2 has Lollipop 5.0.2 while we LG G3 owners still have only the broken 5.0.1 ?

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
This "should" be an embarrassment to LG.

A 2 1/2 yr old phone (LG G2) has the pretty decent 5.0.2 release while we (until the last 3 months when the G4 arrived) recent LG flagship owners on the G3 are stuck on a poorly implemented and in many ways barely functional 5.0.1 release!

...and NO - do not tell me that there is hardly any difference between the 2 lollipop releases! The diffs are HUGE. Lots of bug fixes in 5.0.2 and most importantly LG properly implemented Lollipop's Active Lockscreen Notifications ///

I've heard/seen rumors about LG waiting until 6.0 / Marshmellow rather than providing 5.1.1 to the G3, but LG - that would mean at least another 6 months on 5.0.1 for all of us.

I'm personally not interested in rooting and changing ROMs (nor are 98% or so of current Android users it seems) but more power for those who choose that direction. For the other 98% of us, at least provide the 5.0.2 that the one year older G2 received recently.

Cmon LG - DO THE RIGHT THING HERE !!!

If you really make us G3 owners wait until Q1'2016 for Marshmellow, it will DEFINITELY NOT be on an LG phone than I run Marshmellow ... nor will there ever again be an LG in my future!

I absolutely "LOVE" LG hardware but your software and customer service leave a GREAT DEAL to be desired... RANT OFF /// :cool: