How can I stop my LG G3 from restarting constantly?

Ashley Freeman

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
LG G3 keeps resarting

Right, so the other day my G3 started to keep rebooting randomly and gradually got worse throughout the day but would turn on and be usable for an amount of time.

I have tried the following:
Booting into safe mode
Having it plugged into the wall charger
Hard Reset
Flashing the firmware using LG Flash Tool

Nothing has fixed the issue and unfortunately it is out of warranty. Currently it will load up but straight away reboot.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I could try?

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps resarting

Does it happen in your pocket ? Cause I noticed if the phone flexes the battery can pop out for a sec and make it do a reboot .

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Can you get into the factory reset menu and just let it sit there? Does it reboot from that screen if it sits?

Ashley Freeman

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

Many thanks fro the replies so far

Does it happen in your pocket ? Cause I noticed if the phone flexes the battery can pop out for a sec and make it do a reboot .
p

Will just happen at any time, wherever it is.

Can you get into the factory reset menu and just let it sit there? Does it reboot from that screen if it sits?

From that screen it will just sit that and not reboot.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

From that screen it will just sit that and not reboot.

Okay, so it's software based but if you've already successfully flashed back to stock using the LG tool... I'm not sure where you could go with this. Could be bad internal memory that just isn't accessed at that point of booting (factory reset menu) but only when the phone tries to fully boot.

Have you removed both the SIM card and MicroSD card, if any?

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Mine did that too.
I had to get a new battery.
I ordered one off amazon....
Amazon.com: Anker 3000mAh Li-ion Battery for LG G3, D851(T-Mobile), D850(AT&T), VS985(Verizon), LS990(Sprint), fits BL-53YH, [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories
Its not the best one, but it has worked.

I also was under warranty, so I got a new battery sent to me via LG. and my Sprint Store.

I am guessing its your battery, the next step it will probably do is go into a boot loop (soft brick) and wont turn on at all.

Been there...done that.

I hope it helps.

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Mine is doing the same thing as yours. It reboots constantly, I even took the battery out for a while. But when I put it back in, it continued rebooting

boomertlive1

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Bad battery

Endless boot loop although my battery was at 90% . Verizon sent me a new phone.. But as soon as I started it up it went back into boot loop. I then knew it was the battery.. Unfortunately Verizon only sends new phone. You keep old battery and plate. Ordered mine from amazon. Just makes sure its a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scratsh

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It is not the battery. I bought two and I am keeping the original. I keep exchanging.

I did factory reset and when LG ask for software updates I click no. So no firmware updates.

If I accept, the reboot starts.

Not very often, with all batteries it restarts. Usually when it's low. If I update it restarts often.

The battery is discharging faster than before.

It is supposed to be a good phone, but this make it a piece of junk. I have it for 1 year, so no warranty.

Anyone have the solution? There is so many complains of this problem... Someone must have found it...

Thanks.

Shoulders

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site

I agree with the above. Mine would reboot occasionally, then more frequently until it was in a reboot loop.

Bought a new battery and it's back to it's old self, not a reboot since!

Try a battery first. At worst, you waste a few pounds/dollars/whatever.

mwyattea

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

Oddly enough, had exact same scenario happen to me on Saturday (constant reboot, shutdown etc.) Fortunately saw this thread, ordered the Anker battery (which was delivered today) and new battery seems to have resolved things. Given past experience with cell phone batteries (about 12-18 months and then need replacing), happy that $13 and 30 seconds in swap time was all that was incurred since can change the battery in an L3 (contrasted to the $86 to Apple and 3-5 business day turnaround through the mail with one of those sealed back type phones).

dvd15

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site

Had reboot loop issue as well. Noticed it stopped doing it when on charge. Changed battery and issue went away. I wondered if the last update is killing some batteries hence quite a few of us have this problem.

Matt Rushton

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine started the loop on saturday, i replaced the battery and it worked OK until Monday evening when it has died completely. Any ideas other than battery?

Potdawg

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issues again. When I first got my g3 the original cord melted the charging port. verizon replaced the phone and everything due to defect. the next phone eventually starting having the charging issues. verizon replaced the phone. The issue persisted so they told me it was a battery. I went and bought a new lg battery at a local store. The phone worked fine for a bit. new phone and new batter. Now just after a few months the problem is starting up again and is now getting worse. I ordered the another battery the anker above. Well see how this one works. Somehow I dont think the batter is the initial cause of these issues.....

loop6719

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a D850 (att) on Tmobiles network, (my wife has the exact same phone) and I had no issues until recently. My phone was constantly re looping the LG screen at 3 second intervals and never made it to the At&T rotating globe... every 3 seconds it would flash "LG" and then go blank and than start all over again. I took out my wife's battery from her LG g3 D850 and put it in my phone and had absolutely no issues with my phone booting up normally. So I would be safe to say that this confirms it was the battery and only the battery that was the cause. Because when I had my phone charging in the car it booted up fine. when I took it off the charger..it took a crap. When I got home i plugged it in to the wall charger and once again it booted up fine..and yes when I took it off the charger..again endless looping of the LG logo. I ordered a new battery today and will update wen I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781