Why can't I see emoji?

Pyonchi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Why cant I see emoji

I have an LG G3 running 5.0.1. When i message my girlfriend i cant see some of her emoji's. I looked at the wikipedia page for the unicode standard and for some of them i get just a box with and X in it. I have tried 3 party keyboards and messaging apps but nothing fixes it. Should i root my phone and flash a custom ROM?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why cant I see emoji

You should always root your phone and flash a custom ROM.

But to address your issue, it might be that your girlfriend is using some special ones not available to you on your phone. What kind of phone is she using?

What texting application do you use?

Does she receive your emoji's if you send them?

Pyonchi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

She has an IPhone 5c. But we are using line, and yes she can see all of my emoji's. i know my phone cant process all of them because when i look at the unicode standard they dont all show. How do i fix it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Look for an iPhone emoji keyboard in the Play Store. (There are a few, not many.)

There's no emoji standard yet, so every emoji app uses its own set, and some of the ones an iPhone sends may not be in the app you're using.

Rooting the phone voids the warranty, if you don't know what you're doing you could end up with a paperweight, and it's not going to fix your problem. Neither is a custom ROM unless it comes with an iPhone emoji app - which you can install on the stock ROM.

And if you root the current ROM, then replace it with a custom ROM (you root the ROM, not the phone itself), you wasted time rooting the phone.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I use Emoji Switcher ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2722892 ) and EvolveSMS for my texting app. I switched to iOS emojis and they work great. Evolve also has an iOS emoji keyboard add-on.

If you root your G3, it only temporarily voids your warranty. Since there is no efuse like the Samsung Knox phones, you can flash everything back to stock using tools made by LG and it will be like new again.

Pyonchi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

Ok are you sure that will fix my problem? If i use Emoji switcher will it read the emoji's even though my phone couldnt previously read them? also whats the best way to root the G3

Pyonchi

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

ok new info.... so if i take a message that ha emojis i cant see copy the message and then paste it into google and now suddenly i can see them....does this mean that the app im using doesnt support them for android or is it still my phones problem? Also i have tried that program but for some reason it always gets to the part where it says "rooting phone" and then it never goes through

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Try Textra. Seriously. Haven't had any issues with them since I switched.

Posted via the Android Central App