Why does my LG G3 keep restarting/can't upgrade to Lollipop?

A

AC Question

LG G3 keeps restarting/can't upgrade to lollipop

Hey everyone, i have a g3 for a year now, i love it, but i have some problems. Phone is turned on, battery around 60% (or 86, or 40, not really matters...keeps doing this randomly) i unlock the screen or get into an app or do anything (even if i get a call) the phone turns off and restarts... sometimes does this only one or two times, sometimes it keeps doing it until it sucks the battery down. if i take the battery out, wait for a while, then put it back and turn the phone on, keeps doing the same (not always, but usually). The only solution is to put it on charger for a little time. It's really annoying.

Problem 2:
After Lollipop came out, I tried to update the software, 'cause i bought the phone with 4.2. KitKat... The phone itself didn't asked if i wanted to update, so i checked the update menu, searched for android update from the phone. It said it uses the "latest" (4.2.2) android software. So I asked the helpdesk at Supplier (telenor) what could i do. They said try to update via Pc using Lg pc suite. I tried... same... if i look for software update, it says there is no newer than kitkat. Any idea how can i get lollipop? I think maybe a new software can fix the first problem as well.
(sorry for bad english i'm from hungary)

Rameez Sulaiman

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps restarting/can't upgrade to lollipop

I had the same problem!
The problem is with your battery, change it and u'll be back to good! Please let me know if it worked for u.
Thank u

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 keeps restarting/can't upgrade to lollipop

Kind of the same, keep us updated if u change the battery

Sent from my G3