Android Pay Not Working

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Loaded the app, added my card fine, but it didn't work at Walgreens. Anyone know where the NFC antenna is on the
G3?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Since you were able to add your card, I'll assume that you are not rooted or hid root until you added the card. The old Google Wallet worked just perfect for me so I know that my NFC device was working along with the authentication module. I forced my upgrade of Google Play Services and Android Pay. Three days ago when I was at McDonalds none of my cards would work. I even tried to hide root and nothing worked.

I removed the Google Wallet application and reinstalled the now posted Android Pay app. Yesterday at Staples and Wallgreens it worked perfectly. Based on my experiences, I would suggest checking to make sure that you are on some version of 8.1 or later of Google Play services. Uninstall and reinstall the latest Google Pay app then try it again.

The antenna is located on the back cover below the on/off/volume rocker switches all the way to the speaker. I have found that you do need to make sure that you are in close proximity longitudinally and latitudinally to the antenna distance from the other device can be several millimeters. Mine works great through a case.

I hope that this information helps.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the thoughtful response. I've never used Google wallet or any other mobile payment app before but I thought the NFC antenna as at the top of the phone. I think my issue may be the way I positioned the phone when tapping.

Also, I was in a dead zone as far as cellular service... Does that affect android pay?

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
....., I was in a dead zone as far as cellular service... Does that affect android pay?......
Just googled that question as a result of a conversation earlier today. Android Pay stores "tokens" in the phone that are used when there is no internet connection. So it will work in a dead zone. What a mess it would be if it didn't.

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Loaded the app, added my card fine, but it didn't work at Walgreens. Anyone know where the NFC antenna is on the
G3?

Not sure if they unlocked it yet but when apple pay first came out Walgreens and a bunch of other stores turned off nfc at their registers because they have a competing technology that they were supposed to release. They may have not turned the nfc back on.. So it may not be you or your phone but Walgreens that caused it to not work.

I saw something in the news this month about them possibly turning them back on but am not sure they actually did it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I used android pay today at another store and it worked great. Not sure what's up with Walgreens...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech