Won't auto-switch to WIFI when known connections are available?

JLiRD808

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
My Moto X would automatically switch over to WIFI from 4Glte when a known connection was closeby (ie when Im at home). Ive only had this G3 a few days, and I love it but this bums me out.

Is there a setting I can adjust to auto-switch & disable data? For now, i have to go into my notification bar and click over and then confirm even...and of course sometimes I forget to do that and I incure data charges when my 5ghz N signal is standing idly by.

Thanks!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Glenn Roe

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
What version of Android is your G3 on? Mine, running 5.01, has the same issue but not 100% of the time. 5.01 was reported as having various WiFi issues and I'm guessing that this is one of them. Your X is probably either still on KK or on 5.1.x. What I have been able to do most of the time is to use the quick settings bar (2 finger down swipe for the top). One of the buttons is for WiFi, I tap it to turn WiFi off and almost immediately tap it again to turn it back on and I am usually connected to my WiFi without having to confirm. I too use 5 N at home. I might just try to "forget" that connection and connect to my 2.4 G signal just to see if it helps. Otherwise, I will be waiting the release of Android M since it doesn't look like the G3 will get an official update to 5.1.x.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2