Only stock messaging app works -- LG G3 Straight Talk. Why?

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Only stock messaging app works -- LG G3 Straight Talk

Stock messaging app is becoming real draggy.
Tried Textra and Google Messenger and both WILL NOT send pictures.
Go back to stock messaging app and all is well, it WILL send pictures.
All APN settings are correct for Straight Talk. I have two APN's but cannot delete the stock APN that came with it.
Does the phone have to be rooted to do that? Don't even know if that will help
I am using the latest APN's settings from Straight Talk and they work perfect with the stock messaging app, but not Textra or Google Messenger.
I have researched the web for DAYS and seem to be the only person on this planet that is having this problem. I find that hard to believe.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Only stock messaging app works -- LG G3 Straight Talk

Just for grins I installed Textra and it worked perfectly. Using an unlocked AT&T LG G3 with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM

Posted via the Android Central App

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Last resort you may want to do a hard reset and just start over. When I installed Textra I didn't do anything with my mms apps... It all just worked. Good luck.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Back up all data (I use Verizon Cloud for backing up my data, I use LG's built in backup to save my Homescreen and folders-in settings backup and reset. You can backup entire phone to an SD Card here too! )

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys on the back of the device.
When the LG logo appears, release and then re-hold the Power key while continuing to hold the Volume down key.

May 5, 2014
Visit site

Just did a complete hard reset and Google Messenger STILL doesn't work.
It won't send pictures. Stock app WILL send pictures.
My theory is Messenger is somehow bypassing my Straight Talk APN settings and using something else or is it because my phone is an unlocked international phone being used in the U.S. I don't know.......

Pedalbflat

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Have you looked at the apn settings specifically within textra?

CantApple

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I realize this thread is old. Any resolution? Because I suspect it is a problem with straight talk and not your phone. I'm having the same issue with a different model on straight talk. It absolutely ruins the phone to attempt to send a pic, causes all messaging to stop working. ST "support" (used very loosely) suggests a replacement SIM.