Different display manufacturers??!

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I've heard there's two variants of the g3 screen, one made by lg (the better one) and another by jdi. I've always noticed my g3 screen was very washed out compared to my nexus 5 (reds look brown, orange-ish)
I have the d855 UK model BTW.
So today I compared my g3's screen to another one in store (which was also d855) and the other one looked SO much better. It was more vivid, vibrant, even bigger and the whites looked better.
I've uploaded mine as a screenshot at the bottom and the stores as well. Notice how much better the store one looks.

I've had the phone for 5 months now (bought is directly from Amazon uk)
Anyone know how to return or replace it??

Attachments

• 1444591013708.jpg
    1444591013708.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 1444591028925.jpg
    1444591028925.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 63

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Cell. I seem to recall that this was discussed several months ago in this forum...I don't recall the thread author. You can adjust the screen colours on the G3 as I'm sure you're aware. Was the store one set to the default settings, or bumped up in some way?
My own D-855-EUR does not have intensely saturated colours compared to some phones - the G4 for example is noticeably richer - but it's never worried me as I've always assumed it was just the way the phone is. I certainly don't regard the display as unacceptable, and for some applications I prefer it to that of the G4.
I doubt you could change your own specimen after all this time, because it isn't a fault.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Nope it was default settings.
Some people say that the jdi version has a yellowish tint (which I have) so I'm pretty sure I have a bad screen. Amazon have offered me a replacement, but now I want a refund (earphones don't work-no idea why).
Maybe if I complain a lot they'll give me one xD
If I get a refund I might get a galaxy s5 or a moto x style.
Thanks for the reply btw

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It is true, there are two different sources for the LCD panels in the G3. And the LG one is brighter than the other.

The only way I could think of getting a replacement is if you returned it for some other defect that would net you a completely different (it will be refurbished) unit. There are more LG sourced panels than the JDI ones, from what I can tell.

Here is some more information about it, and how to tell which panel you have (root needed) :

Check Your LG G3 Display Manufacturer - NaldoTech

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
It is true, there are two different sources for the LCD panels in the G3. And the LG one is brighter than the other.

The only way I could think of getting a replacement is if you returned it for some other defect that would net you a completely different (it will be refurbished) unit. There are more LG sourced panels than the JDI ones, from what I can tell.

Here is some more information about it, and how to tell which panel you have (root needed) :

Check Your LG G3 Display Manufacturer - NaldoTech

Well my earphones don't work anymore so maybe that's an excuse? I dunno man, if I complain a lot on Amazon they could maybe give me a refund.
If so, I'll get a moto x style

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well my earphones don't work anymore so maybe that's an excuse? I dunno man, if I complain a lot on Amazon they could maybe give me a refund.
If so, I'll get a moto x style

If it's recently purchased, and you want a different phone, I would try through Amazon as they have excellent (forgiving) customer service.

The G3 is a great phone, but it's now 1.5 years old.

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
If it's recently purchased, and you want a different phone, I would try through Amazon as they have excellent (forgiving) customer service.

The G3 is a great phone, but it's now 1.5 years old.

Unfortunately I've had it for about 5 months....do you still think they'll accept a refund? Thanks in advance mate.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You might have been able to get a refund or exchange if it was only a month or two. Free replacement after five months is still pretty good.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21