Headphones/aux chord have to be held a certain way to work. How can I get them working properly again?

A

AC Question

Headphones/aux chord have to be held a certain way to work.

A few weeks ago my the audio port on my LG G3 became loose all of a sudden causing the phone not to realize a cable is plugged into the device. I know the wires are still connected because I can apply pressure to the headphone jack and it will play music, and I know it's not the cable because I've tried the two other cables that Audio Technica provided with my headphones and neither of them work either but the cable(s) work on my laptop perfectly fine. Is there a pin or something inside the port that is supposed to apply pressure against the headphone jack that could be stuck or loose and that's why it's not working? Oh yeah, and I have tried cleaning the port with a toothpick and compressed air.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Headphones/aux chord have to be held a certain way to work.

Welcome to Android Central! Does the jack itself seem loose? In other words, does the jack seem to move around easily? If so, then the problem is probably related to loose connection between the jack itself and the motherboard. You'd have to bring it to a repair shop to open the phone up and check (or do it yourself, if you're adventurous). If it's still under warranty, you could also contact LG.

Pat Kerby

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Headphones/aux chord have to be held a certain way to work.

Mine is possesed lol.....it turns on the Pandora when I have another app on listening to my bible app, or turns on my installed music in my library while I am listening to my bible app.......if I touch the Aux cord while I am listening to anything it changes to something totally different, I was told this is Normal Aux bug for LG!!!! I am definalty changing to a Samsung next.......

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance