LG Screen Repair

TheRealMapes

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my phone a while ago and the screen cracked. Half the screen works fine, the other half I have to press the buttons for about 2 seconds sometimes to get them to work, and it's almost impossible to swipe sideways on the broken half of the screen. I've been suffering through it, but I'm thinking about getting it fixed. We have a couple repair shops, one of them doesn't work on the phone, the other quoted me at $160. Is it worth to pay that? Or is sending it to LG a better idea? I'm not thinking I can do it myself, and I don't have insurance on it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one. Do you know how much LG would charge you? Check with the store that's offering to do it for $160--do they guarantee their repairs? Ask them what happens if something else happens as a result of the repair--will they look at it again free of charge?

TheRealMapes

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how much LG would charge. I couldn't find how to get a quote without filling out the whole application. I will dig more into the store here and see what they have to say. Thanks.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you buy the whole assembly (LCD Screen + Digitizer glass) you can install it yourself VERY easily (no heating up the screen and separating the pieces, etc) and it would cost you roughly $70.00 shipped. This is all that company will be doing for you, by the way. They will make 50% profit but I would honestly buy it yourself. It's one whole piece. And they usually come with warranties (the one below is 180 days).

LG G3 VS985 LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly White - ETrade Supply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol