Screen brightness when receiving call

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been bugged by this for over a year and forget to ask here. When I receive a call or text the screen is so dim I can't see who is calling. I do use Lux pro for screen brightness control. Otherwise the screen is just slow in getting bright when I turn on the phone. Am I missing a setting?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried that but my screen would dim in and out when I was outside, so I turned Lux back on. Didn't receive any calls with it off so I don't know.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector or a case on? I wonder if either might be causing issues with the light sensor.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have both, but the case does not cover the sensor. It works ok except when it is a call /text. Then it is too dim. If it were the screen protector I would think it would have problems all the time.?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it the kind of screen protector that tends to reduce the viewing angle (almost like a privacy screen for a computer monitor)? This is just speculation, but I'd wonder if something like that might, at certain angles, reduce the amount of sunlight striking the light sensor, thus making the phone think it's in dimmer light, and therefore reduce the screen brightness.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Good questions so far, but my screen saver is crystal clear. I can see it in the daylight fine if I turn the phone on, but not when it turns itself on with a call /text. That is why I was wondering if I'm just missing a setting somewhere.