Audio Language Learning MP3's in somewhere other than my music?

donson72

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Audio Language Learning MP3's in somewhere other than my music

I'm learning another language and have a bunch of great mp3 files that I want to listen to on my commute. But I don't want to mix them in with my song collection, so they randomly start playing when im in shuffle mode in my music. Im currently using "LGPC suite" to load my music onto my phone from my Mac, but there are no options on it to create a different folder or place them on my phone so another app can open the MP3.
(The "android file transfer" program doesn't recognize my phone so I can't use it)

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Audio Language Learning MP3's in somewhere other than my music

Welcome to Android Central! Use a wireless file transfer solution like AirDroid or Wi-fi File Explorer to create a new directory on the phone. Then copy the mp3 files wirelessly.

The tricky thing is that any mp3 file in any directory will be added to your Music database, thanks to the system's Media Scanner. If you don't want a directory of mp3's to appear in the Music database, you can use a file manager app on the phone to create a blank text file called ".nomedia" (no quote marks, but include the leading period) in that directory. This instructs the system to ignore that directory and any subdirectory when looking for media files to add to the various databases. But if you do this, then you won't be able to use the Music app to find those mp3 files either. But you could use that same file manager app to select the mp3 file in its directory, and play it from there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty