Is this piece important?

90sFella

May 15, 2015
Visit site
hey, so my phone fell out of my hoodie today and went right into the toilet while it was in the pocket. I quickly pulled it out and dried it with a towel, it started to flicker so i powered it down and took it apart right down to the motherboard, dried that up. let it sit for 2 hours and put it back together, everything worked fine,i made phone calls, texting, and browsing to make sure everything still worked. Everything was is working except the camera and the flash, so i took it apart again and tried messing around with the motherboard using a q tip with cleaning alcohol and i was trying to clean this small silver piece and i accidentally broke it, :D oh well. I put it back together powered it up, and the camera is working perfectly now. which is great and all but is this piece important?

20160104_210806.jpg

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what that is. I've seen some charts but can't place this piece. Where was it located on the phone, exactly?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Kind of looks like a button cell battery. Maybe it retains some settings etc. for when the main battery is removed.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The way it's soldered to the board also makes me lean toward it being some sort of back up battery for when the main battery is removed.

90sFella

May 15, 2015
Visit site
edit: my camera and flash no longer work, i checked the motherboard on the blacklisted board and the piece is right behind the flash for the camera. oh well i can no longer take pictures haha but i do use the flash alot as a flashlight.. which is a problem

Shadyw

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Maybe a capacitor to increase voltage supplied by main battery so that flash/camera have a higher burst voltage for a bit during capacitor discharge during a photo shot. Just a SWAG from a previous life in electronics.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800