Screen filled with white lines after password entered, what could it be?

A

AC Question

screen filled with white lines after password entered

Hello. My son has a LG G3 that he dropped (it has a case but landed awkwardly on a rock). Initially screen seemed fine but next morning, the screen is filled white white lines that bleed out the image, after he enters the pin. The screen looks fine before successfully entering the pin, i.e. when charging, when showing the lock screen image, etc, etc. Its only after he enters the PIN.

Not sure if entering the PIN triggers, say, a higher res that is broken on the phone? Any suggestions? I initially assumed screen was broke but there are no cracks and the fact that screen looks fine before PIN makes me wonder if its some thing beyond the screen?

All help would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: screen filled with white lines after password entered

Although there are no cracks in the screen that doesn't mean it's not damaged. I believe it to be damaged and needs to be replaced.

someusername1

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Re: screen filled with white lines after password entered

On problem (I'm OP): I found out its not related to entering password. It always turns white after about 4 to 5 seconds that just happens to be the delay it takes to enter password. But if you never enter a password, the password screen which looks fine when you wake the phone up will also become white washed with lines after 4 to 5 seconds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac