G3 doesn't work properly after update, help needed please?

A

AC Question

Hi

I can't text and many apps won't even start up, play store, ebay etc

Any advice would be greatly received.

Ask me questions and i'll do my best to answer.

Benson75

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

I've just tried opening the Play Store in Safe Mode and that still doesn't work.

Does this mean i will have to do a Factory Data Reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That would be my next step. Unfortunately, the G3 doesn't let you wipe the system cache partition (assuming you're unrooted)--otherwise, I would've suggested that.

Benson75

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so i tried the reset and that wouldn't even start.

So next i went to LG and installed the Mobile Support Tool to my pc. I connected my phone and it told me the latest software was installed. then i clicked on Upgrade Recovery. Which then started a Firmware Update, that also failed after a certain percentage and said there was an error.
Now all i have is a firmware update screen and can't even turn my phone off!

I contacted LG via the online chat and they say i have to send the phone off to be repaired :-(

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
That's weird because the exact thing happened to me but when I rooted the phone, erased some apps than came from factory. Then I don't remember what happened but I tried to install an update and was not possible, end up in a continuous booting after messing around. I was able to re-flash the phone using the stock firmware and a PC. I got the tool from XDA. Now my G3 phone is working great and waiting for the marshmallow upgrade.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's weird because the exact thing happened to me but when I rooted the phone, erased some apps than came from factory. Then I don't remember what happened but I tried to install an update and was not possible
Just so you know for the future, you can't update a rooted phone. Depending on what you did when it was rooted, updating it could brick it. You have to flash the stock ROM, update and root again. Or, if you can find a rooted updated ROM on XDA, flash that. (Always back everything up first, since you'll lose it all - see Backing up an Android Device.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463