LG G3 Android M (6.0)

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I didn't do anything to be able to update the Amazon Music App. There were other apps that needed to be updated, and for whatever reason, the Amazon app updated as well. I didn't get the failure notice I had been receiving since the Marshmallow update. Im guessing Amazon did something to their update.

elbajoloco

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My LG G3 is running 6.0 and still has the option for answering the phone by placing it up to your ear. Go to the phone dial then go to settings to advance settings and scroll down and you'll see gestures.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
For the Verizon looking for the update: use to be, if i remember, you could go to Settings, Application Manager, swipe over to All, select Google Services Famework and clear Cache and Data, Force Stop. Search again for an update. May take several attempts. Don't know if this stills works.....Also, you could try and install the Verizon Software Assistant-LG which is an .exe file when you plug your LG G3 into your computer. Maybe the update can be installed from there (even though I tried when it was first announced Verizon had the update released and it wasn't there....). Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have an issue with sometimes the power button not turning screen on. Luckily I can double tap to wake and then it'll work

Ashley870

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone received the update via Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant? I'm using a Verizon LG G3 but on another carrier that uses Verizon's towers so I don't think I'll get the update OTA. Someone mentioned that I needed a Verizon SIM card but I just used the Software Upgrade Assistant the last time I upgraded my phone to 5.1. I didn't use a Verizon SIM card then.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
For the Verizon looking for the update: use to be, if i remember, you could go to Settings, Application Manager, swipe over to All, select Google Services Famework and clear Cache and Data, Force Stop. Search again for an update. May take several attempts. Don't know if this stills works.....Also, you could try and install the Verizon Software Assistant-LG which is an .exe file when you plug your LG G3 into your computer. Maybe the update can be installed from there (even though I tried when it was first announced Verizon had the update released and it wasn't there....). Good luck!

I tried that. It did not work. I should mention the G3 is not my current phone but still have Verizon sim in it. So tried a complete reset of the phone. Still says update not needed, that I am on most current version. Software version on my phone is still 5.0.1. Sigh.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I updated to M yesterday. My battery life has been cut in half and I don't see any benefit so I'm really disappointed.
Have you tried clearing cache? See if that helps.

I tried that. It did not work. I should mention the G3 is not my current phone but still have Verizon sim in it. So tried a complete reset of the phone. Still says update not needed, that I am on most current version. Software version on my phone is still 5.0.1. Sigh.
You probably need to connected to the Verizon network via an active service. If not, you may not receive the update OTA.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site

Verizon G3 was at 5.1.1 before the Marshmallow release - maybe there's something else that needs looked at if you didn't get that build (October 2015).

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had switched phones before that. So it must be that I have to have the phone active. May switch back to it to get it updated. Then switch back to current phone.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing, I had several aps on my V10 that were glitchy, just figured they might straighten out when 6.0 came to V10. Now that I have my G3 activated I may keep it for a while. It's a good smooth phone and the glitchy apps are not glitchy.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I got an LG G3 yeaterday to keep till the S7, rooted it and im running a Marshmallow custom rom. Sometimes you just gotta take matters into your own hands. Its android after all.

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I updated a couple weeks ago on vacation in Mazatlan over the weak resort wi-fi.
Started it before I went to bed and the next morning it still took another hour before download was done.
It might have had something to do with Google doing its backup stuff too.
Everything worked great afterwards, using my G3 for wi-fi hotspot for our 2 Gpads.
Battery life is fine and I'm a very happy camper having a "old" device with the latest OS.
Verizon rocks!!! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz