Can't access Google play- continuous loop for sign in, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Can't access Google play- continuous loop for sign in

I change my PW in google on computer. I sent to phone (LG G3)- I tried to access google play and it states sign in due to change in account, I add PW, hit next. it brings up my e-mail or add account on next page. I hit my account click OK, then it says checking and we start the same process over again.

I have restarted phone. Taken battery out, waited 5 minutes and restarted phone.. I have cleared cache, forced stop of play store. I put in a bad PW to see if a change would jar it- it says PW error when you do that, and the correct PW seems to work, but won't open Google apps.

I tried logging into gmail instead, do the same, and after I put in PW and hit OK it goes back to home screen on phone.

SlandryNZ

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't access Google play- continuous loop for sign in

I'm having the exact same issue.
It must be something going wrong on Googles end?!
******* frustrating.
Sweet baby jesus give me strength

tshkahn

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site

I have a similar problem. I changed my Google password & then I couldn't enter my cellphone (a Huawei Nexus 6P). I kept getting this message: "A change in your account requires that you sign in again." At the end I reset the cell phone to the default configuration & that forced me to reenter the passwords for a lot of applications but it worked. Partially: I have the same problem for my tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S with Android 5.0.2. I haven't figured out what to do with it. I don't want to reset it as well...This smells like a serious bug. I know this because I can enter Gmail via the browser with the new password & I can see the new emails there. But I can't use the Google Gmail app because it sends me the message about "a change in your account".

jeffrollason

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem with a, Galaxy 8 S 8.4 tablet I have not used for a while. Entering Google play shows "A change in your account requires that you sign in again". If I enter the wrong password it complains. If I enter the right password to progresses to a pop-up asking me to use either my account or add a new account. After accepting my account it loops back to "A change in your account requires that you sign in again" and the process is repeated.

I have forced a stop of Google Play and cleared data, but that does not fix the issue.

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Same problem here on a nexus 6 after trying to do 2-step authentication. Every time the text would come, it made the authentication app disappear and reset, requiring a new code. Turned off 2-step on my computer, and stuck in the same "account action required" loop on my phone. This thread should be moved so more people see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781