Where pictures from text messages saved?

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, sure this has been discussed before, but can't seem to find any answers through search. Trying to find the folder where these pics are stored. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It can vary depending on the messaging app. Check the Pictures directory (which is where Hangouts saves downloaded photos).

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I used Hangouts for a long time, but have switched to Messenger. I checked the hangouts folder previously and nothing was in there. It has to be central location because when I view a pic in Messenger, I can swipe back and still see all the previous pictures from this contact that were sent when I was using hangouts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try opening the Google Photos app, swipe in from the left, tap Device Folders, and look for those photos. It should tell you which directory they're in (assuming there isn't a ".nomedia" file in that directory as well).

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
On my Verizon G3, my pictures from the texts go into a folder named VZPICS. My DOWNLOAD folder gets my email attachments, file and pictures downloaded from internet. It would be interesting what different carrier/manufacturer put these items.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek