Help! I deleted my screen shots folder. [LG G3]

A

AC Question

I have an LG G3, shortly after I bought it a year or so ago I deleted my screen shots folder. I have since lived without screenshots on my phone; it is very embarrassing to admit. My phone's OS has updated last week (I'm not sure what the version is called). I was wondering if there was a way to easily restore my screen shots folder to my Gallery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Deleting the Screenshots directory should not prevent the phone from taking screenshots. If you take a screenshot, the phone should create the Screenshots directory again and store the image there. Are you actually unable to take a screenshot now?

missypiggy14

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I think my phone can take screen shots, because I have accidentally taken them and wondered where the file went. I tried taking a screen shot today, but I was unsuccessful. I think that is because I am out of practice with the buttons. I just looked in my File Manager. I found the "Screen Shot" folder. I suppose it is empty because I haven't taken any. Haha, I'll get some tips from my cousin who has an LG G2 on how to easily take a screen shot. I feel much better knowing where my screen shots go. I really like my phone's OS update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Taking screenshots is always a little tricky. You have to press Power and Vol Down at exactly the same time, and hold them for about half a second. The screenshots directory itself is usually /Pictures/Screenshots/ (not in the /DCIM directory).

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It's easier to take the screenshot using the QuickMemo app. Mine is located in the drag down notification bar. I have updated to Marshmallow, so it's called Capture+ now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908