Goodbye LG.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My G3 served me faithfully for 2
years, in fact it is probably the most satisfied I have been with a phone. However, the lure of the darkside was just to strong and upgraded to an S7 edge yesterday. Will I be as satisfied? Only time will tell. Thank you LG for a damn fine ride.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have no doubt that the S7 is a superb device but, whether you like it or not, you'll have to get used to going bottom right for Back and bottom left for Recents. Perhaps that's what you've been using on your G3, but LG does give you the freedom to customise them to your own preference. Even in its latest devices, Samsung does not.
But enjoy! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubt that the S7 is a superb device but, whether you like it or not, you'll have to get used to going bottom right for Back and bottom left for Recents. Perhaps that's what you've been using on your G3, but LG does give you the freedom to customise them to your own preference. Even in its latest devices, Samsung does not.
But enjoy! :)

Posted via the Android Central App
What I miss most right now is the power and volume rocker on the back. Unfortunately the G5 did away with that too.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to read what metz65 finds significantly better with the S7 over the LG G3. I'm interested in Samsung Pay, which works on old style terminals as so many merchants are slow to adopt Tap and Pay readers, much less chip readers. (Capital One Wallet works well on my G3, but only at the few places that have Tap and Pay enabled),
I like double tap to open phone, something that even LG is abandoning. Seems easier than fumbling for that tiny button on the side of the S7.
That glass back makes the phone look sweet, but you know you must get a case to protect the phone from drops. So, in the words of an infamous politician, "What difference does it make?". (Just read a review (on Best Buy, I think) of a new S7 owner who got as far as the parking lot outside the store before he dropped his new toy on the ground as he got into his car and cracked the glass on the back).
metz65, please tell us G3 owners what features we are missing that are available in the S7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm