LG G3 (VZW) - SIM Card Issues. How can I fix them?

jfitty

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
LG G3 (VZW) - SIM Card Issues

Over the past couple months, my LG G3 (Verizon Wireless, Android 6.0) has been experiencing repeating SIM card issues. I get messages that say my "SIM Card is not readable". or "SIM Card not found". This can happen once every 3 days, or 6 times a day. Sometimes back to back (after restarting the phone). I have taken the card out and put it back in, and installed a new SIM card from VZW with no success. I have a 3rd new SIM card waiting at home to install.

Any ideas out there on what could be going on and how to fix it? I am thinking it is a h/w issue with the phone itself.

Thank you!

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G3 (VZW) - SIM Card Issues

In between the errors and multiple SIM replacements, have you performed a Factory Reset? Anytime an anomaly repeats, it is best to back up your data and performed the alternate version of the factory reset, which you can Google. It is the reset performed when the device is powered off. If you have done the alternate (not within Settings), suffer no more. Get a Verizon replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

BMD2K1

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Recently started experiencing Same thing w/same phone... Didn't start till the latest 6.x updates were applied.

Just tried Factory reset option in settings....did not resolve problem.

Wondering if you ever resolved the issue?

jfitty

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I am currently trying the VZW Software Repair Assistant to see if it helps...

I chatted with VZW Support today...this is what he told me.

JEREMY : I'm going to provide another link, it's called the Software Repair Assistant, it's where you plug the phone into the computer and install this software.. It is like a factory reset, but what it does, installs a fresh copy of the software onto the phone... So don't have to do it, just another thing to try to fix this problem for you

JEREMY : Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (LG) | Verizon Wireless

You : should I try that before the factory reset?

JEREMY : If it has no problems installing onto your computer and running it, I would go with it.

JEREMY : I just wanted to make sure you get both options

Farhan Mammassan

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site

Over the past couple months, my LG G3 (Verizon Wireless, Android 6.0) has been experiencing repeating SIM card issues. I get messages that say my "SIM Card is not readable". or "SIM Card not found". This can happen once every 3 days, or 6 times a day. Sometimes back to back (after restarting the phone). I have taken the card out and put it back in, and installed a new SIM card from VZW with no success. I have a 3rd new SIM card waiting at home to install.

Any ideas out there on what could be going on and how to fix it? I am thinking it is a h/w issue with the phone itself.

Thank you!

I had similar problem. Mine solved by doing this. It may help you.
https://youtu.be/zAWbmU8KxvU

bethnesbitt

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Somebody brought me a LG G3 to look at, they had the sim try replaced and ever since it stopped reading the simcard. Verizon was unhelpful, the phone is out of warrenty.

This video is not helpful for me, I put my AT&T sim in and it worked, rumor has it is that the LG G3 is unlocked, is this true?

So another words, there is no problem reading the sim if mine worked, picked up a network using global and was able to make phonecalls. The problem is that it is not reading the sim, and yes the sim is registered on Verizon network. Was wondering if possibly re flashing (downgrading) the firmware might help, since the modem is included in the flash.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the video. That solved my problem. Been using my phone just fine, and then all of a sudden "no SIM card." Called Verizon and 43 minutes later still no solution. SIM card worked when I put in my old phone. Tried the piece of paper and now I have my phone back. Thank you Farhan and Android Central (again).

carlosgap5

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
guys, have been with this sim card issue for ages now...
ready to dump it...
a read a lot of people with same issue, but dont find any consistent fixes...
is somebody looking into that?

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Welp, my SIM card went out again today. Took out the old (4 days) paper and put in a new slip and it works again. I don't have money to buy an equivalent phone, but if I did, does anyone have a suggestion for cheap? I don't want anything smaller than a 5.5" screen and it has to work on Verizon.

Pilgrimdou11

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site

Thank you!

I am experiencing the same issue from time to time on my rooted (never will do it again!) Dual card Lenovo A6000 where the problem is happening for one and every time same card only. The second card slot works normally all the time.

As I use the sim card too in my second phone Samsung sometimes where is just micro size slot so after changing phone for Lenovo where is bigger sim card slot and this is what could be the problem.

If sim card is taken out from the bigger frame next time you put it back again the card seems to not fit exactly in original frame. I have just put the paper in the slot and will see if problem persists.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

I have just put the paper in the slot and will see if problem persists.

Seems that mine allows the sim card to slide in too deep, not registering the sim. My guess is drops allow the card to move.

I have been using the paper trick, plus I leave the sim card stickling out slightly as I insert the battery. By doing this the battery inserts the sim card flush where my phone reads the VZW card 3 times, as well as an AT&T card.

I will update if this changes.

jonyxergo

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
My daughters G3 would not read any sim card after being a reliable phone for 2 years. After searching for answers I used 2 layers of 80 GSM paper (standard photocopy paper) inserted above the card ( to force it down). Hey Presto worked a treat!!!! Turned a paper weight back into an awesome phone ! Thank you internet !!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy