LG3 uses up 1.5 data (all I have), why?

A

AC Question

LG3 uses up 1.5 data (all I have)

I don't download things or plays music. When looking at data usage Android OP is ONLY thing using data. This is not acceptable. What is solution? I have heard I may have to have factory reset done.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean Android OS?
Whatever, it certainly sounds abnormal, assuming reasonably normal use of the phone. Try the Backup & Reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you update your apps using WiFi or mobile data?

Did you update your version of Android using mobile data instead of WiFi?

Either scenario could quickly use up data.

networksyseng

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG3 uses up 1.5 data (all I have)

Check the following

-SYNC on (syncing can use lots of data)
-Google Play Store Auto-update On (this will chew up megs of data)
-Email app set to download entire email including attachments
-Any etailer/store app with push notifications On. Any app with push notifications On
-Weather or News Apps updating automatically especially more often than once per hour.
-Any social media apps installed with notifications On.
-Make sure you regularly scan with a security app to prevent adware/malware from using your data.

Also, If you are getting many Notification Bar messages then there's an app or more making data connections. Especially if they're "ads".

Goto Settings/Apps and review Apps Running. Uninstall or disable anything unwanted.

Install something like Data Usage Monitor APK from the Play Store. It can show data streams in better detail.

Make sure any app with an "WiFi Only" feature is set On to prevent carrier data usage.

It is possible there's an "errant" system process using up data requiring a factory reset but that's a last resort. Most system processes use very little data.

It's more likely there's an APK, or more, connecting to the carrier network.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz