Verizon G3 Marshmallow Updates (46A and 47A)

tribbleorlfl

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I've seen chatter on this forum as well as the Verizon Support forums with problems after the Marshmallow 6.0 updates. I'm curious to see if others have had similar problems to mine, and if so, what you have done to solve them. Verizon is telling me this is a hardware issue, but I don't agree because I never had a single problem with this phone until I installed Marshmallow.

On 2/24, I installed the 46A OTA update. While it has seemed to generally work fine, I did start to get a sporadic "geofencing" error that I never received before.

Then last week, all of the sudden my phone started "losing" the SIM card. I would have to reboot the phone, at which point it would redirect the SIM card in global mode. This would happen every couple of hours.

I took it to a Verizon store an they provided me with a new SIM card. I stopped getting the SIM problem, though almost immediately my SD card started to randomly unmount. This has been a near continuous occurance since the new SIM was installed.

Then, this morning, the 47A OTA update installed. When it rebooted, it could not install the SIM. I believe I rebooted the phone 3 or 4 more times, physicaly removing the battery and SIM on the last 2 reboots. On the last reboot, the SIM finally installed and everything's been fine since (though I have gotten 1 SD card unmount error).

Have any of you run into SIM, SD and/or geofencing issues after any of these updates?

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had a SD card unmout and remout error for quite some time on reboot. It always comes back all by itself though. The biggest annoyance is the first time I open the camera app, I have to say Yes to save photos to SD card every time. I've gotten in the habit of just opening the camera app on reboot now so I don't get lost in the moment of snapping a quick pic. It even did the same thing after the 47A update this morning, so it's still not fixed. I am not 100% certain it's a problem with the phone though, I have read that it could be the SD card failing. I am planning to upgrade my phone very soon, so I will be able to tell if there is a problem with the SD card or with the phone itself.

I have not had any SIM card errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks